Saturday 26 June 2021

Aara tales 1.0

After 5 years it is 


Well, back in 2016 ,I had posted a picture of me wearing a mini skirt and a blouse kinda top.  It was a cool picture and I really liked it. I am used to wearing shorts and skirts since I was young because my parents liked it. I remember mom buying such beautiful dresses for me but that’s not the point here lol. 

Once I was with my friends and they were bitching about another friend & I didn’t really appreciate it. I have always disliked such negative company but when you’re 16 what do you know. One of my own that time best friend said at that point ~ why are you defending them, they think you’re a slut~


I was taken aback,baffled. I asked them why did they say that. They were taken aback. the first thing I asked, why were they discussing about my pictures and second of all at what consent? 

For their mercy the clothes I wore were too short and revealing for a girl in an environment like that. I was shocked with the cultural difference at that point but now that I think about it I was shocked by the audacity those people held to tell me what I was posting is too revealing or not. 

I remember deleting the post and all other posts and just wearing full clothes after that. I wear hoodies a lot, baggy clothes, I love them but they also hide my insecurities and the judgment of the world. 

It takes a person way too much of time and courage to accept their body, their insecurities and who they are. It took me a good amount of time and now I wear what I want to wear and not what others call decent clothing. It might look like a small step, but it takes me immense amount of courage to even post the photos that I do or even click them.

But ykw, all our lives we live on terms and conditions, but now I have made my own.  For the first time today I am posting something like this, for the first time I tried vodka on rocks,first time I confessed, also got my heart broken by someone, first time I didn’t do stuff I was told to, loads of first times- more to come!


And ykw

Call me a slut for all I care, it is not an insult to me because at the end of day it’s a word that got entangled in leashes of your society

No comments:

Post a Comment